The ST5 GT is designed to satisfy those closed cockpit drivers who yearn for a larger eyeport. The cutout for the eyeport is taller than the standard Formula version and has a special visor to accommodate the larger opening.
Available with integrated Electronics, Air Supply and Hydration or any combination of the three, this helmet offers flexibility while maintaining a clean cabin. There are no wires or hoses hanging down below the helmet – everything integrates seamlessly with the shell of the helmet.
Features an M6 nut integrated into the shell for interfacing with Head and Neck Restraints.
Please see the Specifications to learn what all is included with this helmet. Also, please note that the helmet is pictured with the optional
Noise Attenuating Earmuffs:
- The ST5 is the first helmet in the world which has been homologated for use in F1 with integrated earmuffs. These earmuffs provide a significantly quieter environment for the driver by aurally isolating the ear. The pressure upon the head can be adjusted by replacing the special foam rubber pads placed between the earmuff and the helmet. The earmuffs unique shape ensures they stay in place and do not make the helmet difficult to put on or take off.
- Ear bud style earphones come standard.
- The ST5F1 Zero comes with two 3mm clear visor for the absolute best in protection. You may choose from Clear, Yellow, Smoked and Irridium shields for driving in different lighting circumstances. All Visors mount with four specially machined aluminum fasteners and provide an air-tight seal with the rubber grommet on the helmet.
Integrated Radio Options:
- The integrated electronics jack is positioned far enough away from the HANS post anchor in order to make the use of the jack trouble free even when the HANS is worn.
- The wiring is all positioned safely and conveniently behind the padding so as to be transparent to the user. There are no hanging wires in the helmet, everything stays put where it is supposed to be.
FIA HANS Posts: Comes with FIA HANS post anchors pre-installed.
Optional Hydration System:
- The ST5 is the first helmet in the world with an available integrated drinking system. Its most significant feature is of course a safety-related one: in an emergency, the driver need not worry about being held up by the hydration system. With a small force, the coupling breaks, leaving the driver free to evacuate the car. For mid-race driver changes, depress the release lever and get out of the car, leaving the hydration system prepared for the next driver.
- Includes a Silicone rubber hose with a bite valve to be positioned within easy reach, without interfering with the microphone or the optional Air Supply System.
- There is an valve integrated into the quick coupling that prevents leakage upon disengagement keeping the cockpit dry and messes to a minimum.
- Optional Hydration bag is available which can be positioned in a convenient and secure location.
Included Air Supply System:
- Also included is the Air Supply System which provides a steady supply of fresh air to drivers of closed cockpit cars. Many different attachments are available, all of which are integrated into the helmet shell.
- Either side or top air can be used with this helmet.
- Can be used in conjunction with a communication system.